CR

 My short film is a mystery-thriller that tells the story of a girl who is in the process of moving, however this night takes a dark turn. As the night progresses, the girl starts noticing things around the house that are unusual. While in the process of moving, the girl is trying to get things done while also trying to figure out what is going on. In the end, the unexpected plot twist being that someone was within her house and followed her to her new place shows the uncomfortable reality that danger is everywhere and that this is a scary world we live in nowadays. This not only serves as a plot twist but also serves as a mirror reflecting the inherent flaws of the human psyche. Furthermore, the film subtly addresses the pervasive issue of mental health and its intersection with criminal behavior. Through the character of the stalker who is revealed to be following and harassing the main character, we are prompted to consider the complexities of mental illness and its potential to manifest in destructive ways. This highlights the shortcomings of support systems in providing adequate care and intervention. By weaving together elements of suspense, mystery, and psychological depth, it compels viewers to confront uncomfortable truths about human nature and the world we live in. Through its nuanced portrayal mental health the film encourages critical reflection and dialogue, underscoring the power of storytelling to illuminate the complexities of the human experience. Overall my film may not be the best but I certainly tried to bring attention to this issue, that the world that we live in nowadays is not the safest place, and also bring attention to the issue that is a vast majority has psychological issues that causes things like this to be a reality.


In my short film, all the different parts like filming, sounds, and story work together to make a strong brand that people can recognize and understand. I payed close attention to how everything looks, sounds, and fits together to make sure it all feels right and sticks in people's minds. The way my film looks is dark and kind of scary, with dim lights and spooky feelings in every scene. This makes people feel tense and curious about what's going to happen next. I also used sounds to make the movie feel real and exciting I did this by using my google to play sounds on a low volume while filming. I added little noises and music that make the story feel more intense and deep. When you hear the footsteps echoing, it’ll make you feel like you're right there with the character in her apartment, feeling scared and curious. My story is about a girl who is in the process of moving, however this night takes a dark turn. As the night progresses, the girl starts noticing things around the house that are unusual. While in the process of moving, the girl is trying to get things done while also trying to figure out what is going on This gets people thinking how this could really happen and has happened to people all over the world. Overall, everything in my film works together to make a strong brand that tells a story about mystery and the scary world we live in. For branding I created an Instagram account and of course YouTube. I also made a website and post card. For obvious reasons these were created to just promote my film to gain views. However, these all worked together to give my film meaning. My social media has posts of all the upcoming things for this short film. I made sure to put out all the dates of everything to promote so there was no confusion. What was most important for my stuff to make sense was for it all to connect. My social media, website, and post card have photos or backgrounds that represent a state of disorientation that’s give off a scary feeling into the viewers. This was to gain their attention and hoped get them to watch my short film or to at least get invested in my website and other social media platforms I had made for my short film.


Enough said on the background of my project. Obviously it is important to get all of the branding and purpose out of the way but people don’t really pay attention to stuff like. I had to make sure everything looked appealing, to ensure that my short film would grab everyone’s attentions. People are attracted to is the unknown, curiosity. For the film it self I used eerie music which lets the audience know something is about to happen, meaning they have to pay attention to not miss it. I also tried to incorporate different types of angles to give a sense of being there with the characters. Additionally, my movie uses a lot of various cinematic techniques to enhance audience engagement and make you really feel like you're part of the story. I carefully plan how fast things happen and how the camera looks at things to keep you on the edge of your seat. The music and camera angles make you feel nervous so you can't look away. My short film wants you to think about what's going on and how it relates to real life. It's not just about the exciting stuff; it's also about the reality of the world that we live in. I wanted this to be a conversation starter so that people can be more aware. And start being more careful just in every day life. Overall, my short film grabs your attention with its scary story and deep thoughts.


Creating a short film alone after having a reliable partner by your side can be really tough. Not having someone to help not only means you have to do twice the work but also makes it harder to bounce ideas off someone and get support. When I started this journey alone, I faced a lot of challenges, like having to do everything from directing to filming, and even designing the set. Making a mystery/thriller film was even more difficult. I knew this genre was tough, so I did a lot of research, studying classic and modern movies to figure out what makes them exciting. Every scene and every shot had to be carefully planned to keep the suspense and mystery alive, making sure each part of the story fit together. Without a trusted partner to give feedback, I relied on advice from others in the industry. Their honest opinions helped me stay on track and make sure the film stayed true to the genre. Even though their feedback was sometimes hard to hear, it made the project stronger and clearer. Despite all the challenges, I stayed committed to the project. Every problem I faced just made me more determined to finish it. When I finally completed the film, I felt proud knowing that even though I worked alone, I had created something special. It showed that with perseverance and passion, you can overcome any obstacle. Looking back on the journey, I'm reminded that even though it was tough, the end result a carefully crafted mystery/thriller was worth all the effort.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make a short film

Short film Package: Someones Home

Final Task